Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which boosted the purse of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) to $1 million for 2011, also announced that it has discontinued five stakes from its 2010-2011 schedule.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has announced purses for its 137th season of Thoroughbred racing, which begins Nov. 14.
The board of directors of The Race For Education, a national education scholarship foundation, has named Donald R. Richardson, senior vice president of racing for Churchill Downs Inc., as the organization's new president. Doug Cauthen, president of WinStar Farm and RFE's president since its inception in 2002, remains on the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus