Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which boosted the purse of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) to $1 million for 2011, also announced that it has discontinued five stakes from its 2010-2011 schedule.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has announced purses for its 137th season of Thoroughbred racing, which begins Nov. 14.
The board of directors of The Race For Education, a national education scholarship foundation, has named Donald R. Richardson, senior vice president of racing for Churchill Downs Inc., as the organization's new president. Doug Cauthen, president of WinStar Farm and RFE's president since its inception in 2002, remains on the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw