Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which boosted the purse of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) to $1 million for 2011, also announced that it has discontinued five stakes from its 2010-2011 schedule.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has announced purses for its 137th season of Thoroughbred racing, which begins Nov. 14.
The board of directors of The Race For Education, a national education scholarship foundation, has named Donald R. Richardson, senior vice president of racing for Churchill Downs Inc., as the organization's new president. Doug Cauthen, president of WinStar Farm and RFE's president since its inception in 2002, remains on the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic