Strapping Groom makes his return to the graded ranks Feb. 1 at Aqueduct Racetrack in the $150,000 Toboggan Stakes (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint on the Withers (gr. III) undercard.
Sprint champion Amazombie and The Factor will duke it out one more time in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I), the headline event at Del Mar July 29.
The Factor, making his first appearance since the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) three months ago, and defending champion Smiling Tiger headline the field for the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. IT) June 30 at Hollywood.
The Factor will face five older horses in the seven-furlong Pat O'Brien (gr. I) as he makes his first start in more than four months on Sunday, Aug. 28, at Del Mar.
Grade I winners Cost of Freedom and Jessica Is Back head their respective sprint divisions of the Sunshine Millions taking place at Santa Anita in California and at Gulfstream Park in Florida Jan. 29.
Smiling Tiger, who won a pair of grade I races and became a finalist as the nation's top sprinter, kicks off his 4-year-old campaign in the $150,000 Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 22 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Owner/Breeder Lindh Dies at 84
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014