Strapping Groom makes his return to the graded ranks Feb. 1 at Aqueduct Racetrack in the $150,000 Toboggan Stakes (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint on the Withers (gr. III) undercard.
Sprint champion Amazombie and The Factor will duke it out one more time in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I), the headline event at Del Mar July 29.
The Factor, making his first appearance since the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) three months ago, and defending champion Smiling Tiger headline the field for the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. IT) June 30 at Hollywood.
The Factor will face five older horses in the seven-furlong Pat O'Brien (gr. I) as he makes his first start in more than four months on Sunday, Aug. 28, at Del Mar.
Grade I winners Cost of Freedom and Jessica Is Back head their respective sprint divisions of the Sunshine Millions taking place at Santa Anita in California and at Gulfstream Park in Florida Jan. 29.
Smiling Tiger, who won a pair of grade I races and became a finalist as the nation's top sprinter, kicks off his 4-year-old campaign in the $150,000 Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 22 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'