Multiple grade I winner Caleb's Posse (Posse--Abbey's Missy, by Slewacide) was represented by his first two reported foals.
Caleb's Posse, last year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing and will stand at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2013.
Steve Asmussen, Don McNeill, David Vance, Kip Deville, and Highland Ice are the 2012 Thoroughbred class set for induction into Oklahoma's Horse Racing Hall of Fame. They will be honored Sept. 26 at Remington Park.
A field of eight will go postward in Saturday's Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I). Highweight in the field is local legend Mr Ross, who will carry 118 pounds in the $500,000, 1 1/8-miles contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- A Travers Day Christmas Present