Multiple grade I winner Caleb's Posse (Posse--Abbey's Missy, by Slewacide) was represented by his first two reported foals.
Caleb's Posse, last year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing and will stand at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2013.
Steve Asmussen, Don McNeill, David Vance, Kip Deville, and Highland Ice are the 2012 Thoroughbred class set for induction into Oklahoma's Horse Racing Hall of Fame. They will be honored Sept. 26 at Remington Park.
A field of eight will go postward in Saturday's Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I). Highweight in the field is local legend Mr Ross, who will carry 118 pounds in the $500,000, 1 1/8-miles contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory