Multiple grade I winner Caleb's Posse (Posse--Abbey's Missy, by Slewacide) was represented by his first two reported foals.
Caleb's Posse, last year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing and will stand at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2013.
Steve Asmussen, Don McNeill, David Vance, Kip Deville, and Highland Ice are the 2012 Thoroughbred class set for induction into Oklahoma's Horse Racing Hall of Fame. They will be honored Sept. 26 at Remington Park.
A field of eight will go postward in Saturday's Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I). Highweight in the field is local legend Mr Ross, who will carry 118 pounds in the $500,000, 1 1/8-miles contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze
- Keen Ice Warms Up for Derby With Workout
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work
- Birdatthewire Delivers Smooth Churchill Move
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur