The Don MacBeth Memorial Jockey Fund that provided financial aid and assistance to injured jockeys and exercise riders will cease operations and disburse its funds by the end of this year.
Jockey Chris McCarron will take his place among three other legendary riders at Santa Anita when a bust of his likeness is unveiled Saturday.
A silent auction to raise money for the Don MacBeth Memorial Jockey Fund figures to draw some interest at River Downs, usually among the fund-raising leaders on Jockeys Across America Day. The event will be held at tracks around the country July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm