The Don MacBeth Memorial Jockey Fund that provided financial aid and assistance to injured jockeys and exercise riders will cease operations and disburse its funds by the end of this year.
Jockey Chris McCarron will take his place among three other legendary riders at Santa Anita when a bust of his likeness is unveiled Saturday.
A silent auction to raise money for the Don MacBeth Memorial Jockey Fund figures to draw some interest at River Downs, usually among the fund-raising leaders on Jockeys Across America Day. The event will be held at tracks around the country July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- NYRA Bets Now Available in California