Colt's connections could have urged for a Belmont (gr. I) run June 11 off the 3-year-old colt's May 14 score in the Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II), but trust in their down-to-earth trainer and a long-term goal kept them grounded.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Northeast Region, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association is holding two educational events, as well as its annual members meeting, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., during the first week of August.
Corinthian seemed to be on the fast track early, however, winning two of his first three races, including an allowance victory over Jazil to start his 3-year-old campaign. Bred in Kentucky by Gracefield Equine and Hargus Sexton, Corinthian then crossed the finish line first in the Fountain of Youth (gr. II), but was disqualified to third.
A son of Dynaformer sold for $700,000 to Don Little's Centennial Farms to kick-start day four of the 2007 Keeneland September yearling sale.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced July 16 that it will conduct a New Owner Seminar at the Beresford Gallery in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Aug. 10.
Partnerships in Thoroughbred ownership may offer an easier and less-costly way to enter the business, but partnership managers have some friendly advice: Use your head and have reasonable expectations.
Millionaire King Cugat, who won or placed in 15 of 16 starts, has been retired and will enter stud for $10,000 live foal at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin