Trainer Bobby Frankel, who has saddled five stakes winners through the first three weeks of the Santa Anita meet, takes on likely favorite Boboman with three of the eight entrants in Sunday's $150,000 San Marcos Stakes.
Irish-bred King's Drama will be favored to provide trainer Bobby Frankel with his second graded stakes victory of the young Santa Anita Park winter meet in Sunday's $150,000 San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) on the grass.
Ball Four, described as a sparring partner for many of his stablemates by trainer Patrick Biancone, will try to deliver a knockout punch of his own in Sunday's $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Washington invader Flamethrowintexan went gate to wire in his turf debut to win the $141,250 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head over favored Fantastic Spain Saturday on the turf in San Mateo.
Triple B Farms' Whilly, who won a pair of grade II races in front-running fashion in 2005 for trainer Doug O'Neill and jockey Felipe Martinez, can start the new year in the same way in the San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park grass Sunday.
Darrell Vienna plans to enter Southern California newcomers Atlando and Don Incauto in Sunday's San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch