A Florida-bred bay colt bred by Digole "Dee" Williams is the first reported foal born by Don Dizney's homebred graded stakes sprinter Bahamian Squall.
Donald R. Dizney's grade II-winning homebred Bahamian Squall will retire to Dizney's Double Diamond Farm near Ocala, Fla., to stand for the 2016 breeding season.
Pensioned stallion and Florida champion Wekiva Springs was euthanized at Don Dizney's Double Diamond Farm June 2 due to cancer.
The winner is a homebred for Don Dizney, who also bred and raced the winner's dam and granddam.
Joint Effort put in a top effort Saturday, winning the $119,600 La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies going away on the Kentucky Derby day undercard at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial