Delegation should be able to dictate the tempo in the $200,000 Eclipse Stakes (Can-II) in a short field of five May 12, making the 4-year-old son of Speightstown a dangerous commodity on the Polytrack at Woodbine.
City Wolf, making his stakes debut, shook loose of his rivals at the head of the stretch to register his fourth consecutive victory for trainer Reade Baker in the $144,589 Durham Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine Oct. 2.
Eye of the Leopard, the 2009 Queen's Plate Stakes winner and Canada's champion 3-year-old male, will be making his first start of the year as he takes on several fellow stakes-winning veterans in the Durham Cup.
Stronach Stables' homebred Don Cavallo took the lead with a half-mile to go and rolled to a 3 3/4-length victory in the 10-furlong Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III) July 1 at Woodbine.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Stunning Stag and Exhi, both grade III winners in their most recent efforts, head the field for the $150,000 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) over Woodbine's Polytrack May 28.
Teaks North, who registered his first graded stakes win in the final jump of last month's Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) for a 25-1 shocker, is back in action in the $125,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move