Master Dunker was awarded victory in the $100,000 Hallandale Beach Stakes when favored King Congie was disqualified for drifting out badly through the stretch on the turf course at Gulfstream Park Feb. 6.
Hall of Fame jockey Don Brumfield has been named as a steward for the upcoming Gulfstream Park meet, the track announced Oct. 21.
Keeneland will host Hall of Fame Jockey Day Wednesday, April 18. The jockeys present to sign autographs at the event will be Pat Day, Chris McCarron, Gary Stevens, Steve Cauthen, Don Brumfield, Angel Cordero, Jr., Bobby Ussery, and Earlie Fires.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal