German filly Lady Marian came flying with a late rush to snatch victory away from Lush Lashes in the Qatar Petroleum Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 5.
Voix de Nord came back from an injury that caused trainer David Smaga serious worry to win a thrilling Prix Lupin (Fr-I) by a nose over Millemix at Longchamp Sunday.
Voix Du Nord gave trainer David Smaga his first group I victory since 1994 with a convincing triumph in Saturday's Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at 1 1/4 mile.
Ecurie Wildenstein's homebred Westerner, ridden by Dominique Boeuf, unleashed a powerful run down the straight to win the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at soggy Longchamp Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths over outsider Alcazar.
Polish Summer survived an inquiry to win last year's Grand Prix de Deauville Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) at Deauville, but he wasn't so lucky Sunday.
State of Art, who has rated comparison to the champion mare Triptych by her trainer David Smaga, proved best over the final furlong to post a three-quarters of a length victory in Sunday's Prix de la Nonette (Fr-III) for 3-year-old fillies at Deauville.
Ecurie Wildenstein's tenacious Irish invader Bright Sky got the lead from favored Six Perfections close to home and held on for a neck victory in the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-II) for fillies and mares Sunday at Deauville.
Ecurie Wildenstein's Super Celebre, making his career stakes debut, opened the classic French racing season with a powerful win in Sunday's Group II Prix Noailles for 3-year-olds at Longchamp.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks