German filly Lady Marian came flying with a late rush to snatch victory away from Lush Lashes in the Qatar Petroleum Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 5.
Voix de Nord came back from an injury that caused trainer David Smaga serious worry to win a thrilling Prix Lupin (Fr-I) by a nose over Millemix at Longchamp Sunday.
Voix Du Nord gave trainer David Smaga his first group I victory since 1994 with a convincing triumph in Saturday's Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at 1 1/4 mile.
Ecurie Wildenstein's homebred Westerner, ridden by Dominique Boeuf, unleashed a powerful run down the straight to win the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at soggy Longchamp Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths over outsider Alcazar.
Polish Summer survived an inquiry to win last year's Grand Prix de Deauville Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) at Deauville, but he wasn't so lucky Sunday.
State of Art, who has rated comparison to the champion mare Triptych by her trainer David Smaga, proved best over the final furlong to post a three-quarters of a length victory in Sunday's Prix de la Nonette (Fr-III) for 3-year-old fillies at Deauville.
Ecurie Wildenstein's tenacious Irish invader Bright Sky got the lead from favored Six Perfections close to home and held on for a neck victory in the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-II) for fillies and mares Sunday at Deauville.
Ecurie Wildenstein's Super Celebre, making his career stakes debut, opened the classic French racing season with a powerful win in Sunday's Group II Prix Noailles for 3-year-olds at Longchamp.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76