Rachel Alexandra, last year's Horse of the Year, is slated to contest the April 30 La Troienne Stakes (gr. II) on the Kentucky Oaks undercard.
Rachel Alexandra's attitude following a bullet six furlong work in 1:12 April 12 will play a key role in determining the 2009 Horse of the Year's next race, according to trainer Steve Asmussen.
In her final workout for the March 13 New Orleans Ladies at Fair Grounds, Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra breezed four furlongs in :49 under regular exercise rider Dominic Terry.
Horse of the Year recorded her first in-company work of 2010, and her second to last scheduled move before an expected start in the March 13 New Orleans Ladies Handicap.
In her second work of the week, reigning Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra breezes four furlongs in :50 3/5 Feb. 6 in New Orleans.
Superstar filly Rachel Alexandra jogged lightly once around the track at Churchill Downs at the end of training hours Nov. 23 with regular exercise rider Dominic Terry up accompanied by assistant trainer Scott Blasi on a pony.
BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra worked five furlongs in 1:01.38 over the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Racecourse July 13.
Rachel Alexandra, the impressive Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner and 8-5 morning-line favorite for the May 16 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), walked the shedrow at Pimlico Race Course the morning of May 14 and was expected to school in the paddock later in the day, according to assistant trainer Scott Blasi.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Pyro, early favorite for the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I), worked five furlongs in 1:02 2/5 the morning of March 24 over Keeneland's main Polytrack surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees