Rachel Alexandra, last year's Horse of the Year, is slated to contest the April 30 La Troienne Stakes (gr. II) on the Kentucky Oaks undercard.
Rachel Alexandra's attitude following a bullet six furlong work in 1:12 April 12 will play a key role in determining the 2009 Horse of the Year's next race, according to trainer Steve Asmussen.
In her final workout for the March 13 New Orleans Ladies at Fair Grounds, Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra breezed four furlongs in :49 under regular exercise rider Dominic Terry.
Horse of the Year recorded her first in-company work of 2010, and her second to last scheduled move before an expected start in the March 13 New Orleans Ladies Handicap.
In her second work of the week, reigning Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra breezes four furlongs in :50 3/5 Feb. 6 in New Orleans.
Superstar filly Rachel Alexandra jogged lightly once around the track at Churchill Downs at the end of training hours Nov. 23 with regular exercise rider Dominic Terry up accompanied by assistant trainer Scott Blasi on a pony.
BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra worked five furlongs in 1:01.38 over the Oklahoma training track at Saratoga Racecourse July 13.
Rachel Alexandra, the impressive Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner and 8-5 morning-line favorite for the May 16 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), walked the shedrow at Pimlico Race Course the morning of May 14 and was expected to school in the paddock later in the day, according to assistant trainer Scott Blasi.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Pyro, early favorite for the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I), worked five furlongs in 1:02 2/5 the morning of March 24 over Keeneland's main Polytrack surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success