Dolphus C. Morrison, breeder and initial owner of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, died Oct. 26 in Columbia, Mo. after a long illness.
Rachel nation is breathing a little easier June 12 after last year's Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra scored her first win of 2010, drawing away from four overmatched rivals in the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II).
Rachel Alexandra turned in yet another dominating performance in a campaign for the ages when she captured the $1.25 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) on a sloppy track at Monmouth Park Aug. 2.
A sloppy track failed to slow Rachel Alexandra, who outclassed five rivals in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14.
Rapid Proof, an 8-1 outsider, rallied from last place in a field of 10 2-year-olds to win the $115,000 Hopemont Stakes Friday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby