Gary and Mary West's Dollar Bill rebounded from a 10th-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) to win the $218,800 Brown and Williamson Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday on a sloppy track at Churchill Downs. Racing on an off track for the first time, the 2-year-old son of Peaks and Valleys completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:47.18.
The fields for several Thanksgiving weekend stakes races are beginning to shape up, as many horses from Breeders' Cup races will return to the races.
Lu Ravi and Super Quercus worked at Churchill Downs on Sunday in preparation for their respective Breeders' Cup races. On Saturday at Churchill, Caller One, Dollar Bill, and Thunder Bertie were on the track for morning works.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike