Gary and Mary West's Dollar Bill rebounded from a 10th-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) to win the $218,800 Brown and Williamson Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday on a sloppy track at Churchill Downs. Racing on an off track for the first time, the 2-year-old son of Peaks and Valleys completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:47.18.
The fields for several Thanksgiving weekend stakes races are beginning to shape up, as many horses from Breeders' Cup races will return to the races.
Lu Ravi and Super Quercus worked at Churchill Downs on Sunday in preparation for their respective Breeders' Cup races. On Saturday at Churchill, Caller One, Dollar Bill, and Thunder Bertie were on the track for morning works.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet