Gary and Mary West's Dollar Bill rebounded from a 10th-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) to win the $218,800 Brown and Williamson Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday on a sloppy track at Churchill Downs. Racing on an off track for the first time, the 2-year-old son of Peaks and Valleys completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:47.18.
The fields for several Thanksgiving weekend stakes races are beginning to shape up, as many horses from Breeders' Cup races will return to the races.
Lu Ravi and Super Quercus worked at Churchill Downs on Sunday in preparation for their respective Breeders' Cup races. On Saturday at Churchill, Caller One, Dollar Bill, and Thunder Bertie were on the track for morning works.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts