Wishing Gate slammed the door on eight rivals last month on opening weekend over the Del Mar turf, but it doesn't figure to be as easy when she faces a full field in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 17.
There was no catching California-bred Doinghardtimeagain, who ran away with the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) as the odds-on choice in her graded stakes debut June 22 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Iotapa, runner-up to Beholder in the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) and coming off a win in the listed Railbird Stakes, is among the favorites for the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 22 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
On the bubble for a possible start in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Tiz a Minister has been entered in the $300,000 Snow Chief Stakes, the featured event for California-breds April 27 at Hollywood Park.
Weewinnin, who blew out the Betfair Hollywood Park toteboard at 60-1 to take the King Glorious Stakes Dec. 16, will try two turns for the first time in the $300,000 California Breeders Champion Stakes Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
A fast pace worked perfectly for Doinghardtimeagain, who swept past the leaders to register a 2 1/4-length victory in the inaugural running of the $196,000 Soviet Problem Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014