Future Prospect gave Dodson Skaggs his first graded stakes winner in 42 years as a trainer when the 7-year-old gelding left General Quarters behind in the stretch to capture the $169,999 WinStar Kentucky Cup (gr. II).
Five Star Thief stole his second race of the 14-day Keeneland meeting Oct. 24, taking the featured $48,425 Circle O Purse by a nose, as bettors again ignored the 4-year-old son of Cat Thief.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks