Kara Colvin has been working on a full-length documentary about Thoroughbred aftercare issues and the careers of off-the-track Thoroughbreds since 2011.
Santa Anita Park in California and HRTV are sponsoring a first-ever non-fiction documentary competition entitled "A Day at the Races," which will be open to film students and filmmakers.
- By Steve Haskin
Here is a behind-the-scenes look at one of the most enthralling and bizarre Triple Crowns in history read blog
Produced by Lexington-based High Impact Productions, the 30-minute documentary Beyond the Stone Fences details the majesty, as well as the daily operations, of six regional horse farms.
A year and a half after Kentucky Education Television received a $2.25 million endowment to film a documentary called "The Thoroughbred," the project was in full swing during Kentucky Derby week at Churchill Downs.
HBO's "Barbaro," a documentary exploring the triumph and tragedy of the winner of the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will premiere June 6.
NBC's one-hour documentary, "Barbaro: A Nation's Horse," will premiere Sunday, April 29, on what would have been the 2006 Kentucky Derby winner's fourth birthday.
A documentary on the life of Barbaro is in production and will be aired by HBO Sports June 6.
Documentary, the first foal from Khalid Abdullah's grade I winner Honest Lady, won Oct. 20 at 6 1/2 furlongs at Deauville in France in his second start.
MSNBC presents documentary "Thoroughbred: Stable To Stardom" on Aug. 24...Team Valor purchases River Belle.
Seabiscuit, a film by Stephen Ives, will air on PBS's "American Experience" at 9 p.m. April 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen