Stakes winner and graded stakes-placed Kiss With a Twist has been retired to Alfred Nuckols' Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
In what has to be one of the strongest and deepest 2-year-old allowance fields ever assembled at Fair Grounds, nine juveniles will go to the post in Thursday's one-mile test, several of whom have already excited fans with their dazzling performances.
Favored Dyna Da Wyna prevailed in a four-horse photo finish to win the $85,575 Stravinsky Stakes for fillies and mares at 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf.
Dyna Da Wyna caught Mexican Moonlight in midstretch and gradually pulled away to a three-quarter of a length win in the $112,900 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Keeneland.
Hurstland Farm stallion Doc's Leader was euthanized the night of Oct. 14 because of complications arising from a neurological disorder.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely