Glenye Cain Oakford looks at a solid Saratoga select yearling market, an expensive pinhook prospect, and Doc's Leader's legacy in the Hurstland Farm consignment.
Stakes winner and graded stakes-placed Kiss With a Twist has been retired to Alfred Nuckols' Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
In what has to be one of the strongest and deepest 2-year-old allowance fields ever assembled at Fair Grounds, nine juveniles will go to the post in Thursday's one-mile test, several of whom have already excited fans with their dazzling performances.
Favored Dyna Da Wyna prevailed in a four-horse photo finish to win the $85,575 Stravinsky Stakes for fillies and mares at 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf.
Dyna Da Wyna caught Mexican Moonlight in midstretch and gradually pulled away to a three-quarter of a length win in the $112,900 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Keeneland.
Hurstland Farm stallion Doc's Leader was euthanized the night of Oct. 14 because of complications arising from a neurological disorder.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill