A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Horses coming from as close as the local backstretch will be joined in the starting gate by horses coming from as far as Ireland for Saturday's Arlington Classic, the first Grade II stakes race of the Arlington Park meet.
Doc Holiday used front-running tactics to win Saturday's $106,500 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. The mild upset helped cause a $166,631 pick six carryover heading into Sunday's card.
Van Rouge led all the way en route to winning Sunday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths over Doc Holiday at Bay Meadows. On the firm turf, Van Rouge completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.78 under Jason Lumpkins.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star