A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Horses coming from as close as the local backstretch will be joined in the starting gate by horses coming from as far as Ireland for Saturday's Arlington Classic, the first Grade II stakes race of the Arlington Park meet.
Doc Holiday used front-running tactics to win Saturday's $106,500 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. The mild upset helped cause a $166,631 pick six carryover heading into Sunday's card.
Van Rouge led all the way en route to winning Sunday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths over Doc Holiday at Bay Meadows. On the firm turf, Van Rouge completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.78 under Jason Lumpkins.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong