A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Horses coming from as close as the local backstretch will be joined in the starting gate by horses coming from as far as Ireland for Saturday's Arlington Classic, the first Grade II stakes race of the Arlington Park meet.
Doc Holiday used front-running tactics to win Saturday's $106,500 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. The mild upset helped cause a $166,631 pick six carryover heading into Sunday's card.
Van Rouge led all the way en route to winning Sunday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths over Doc Holiday at Bay Meadows. On the firm turf, Van Rouge completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.78 under Jason Lumpkins.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes