A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Horses coming from as close as the local backstretch will be joined in the starting gate by horses coming from as far as Ireland for Saturday's Arlington Classic, the first Grade II stakes race of the Arlington Park meet.
Doc Holiday used front-running tactics to win Saturday's $106,500 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. The mild upset helped cause a $166,631 pick six carryover heading into Sunday's card.
Van Rouge led all the way en route to winning Sunday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths over Doc Holiday at Bay Meadows. On the firm turf, Van Rouge completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.78 under Jason Lumpkins.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Haskell: Jimmy Barnes on American Pharoah
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers