A short field of five horses is headed to Saturday's La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT), a key prep for the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
Horses coming from as close as the local backstretch will be joined in the starting gate by horses coming from as far as Ireland for Saturday's Arlington Classic, the first Grade II stakes race of the Arlington Park meet.
Doc Holiday used front-running tactics to win Saturday's $106,500 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park. The mild upset helped cause a $166,631 pick six carryover heading into Sunday's card.
Van Rouge led all the way en route to winning Sunday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths over Doc Holiday at Bay Meadows. On the firm turf, Van Rouge completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.78 under Jason Lumpkins.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince