Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Jockey Julia Brimo, who suffered multiple injuries from a spill at Keeneland Oct. 30, was still listed in critical condition at the University of Kentucky Medical Center the afternoon of Nov. 1.
Jockey Shaun Bridgmohan suffered minor injuries in a spill in the first race June 21 at Churchill Downs. He was taken to Norton Audubon Hospital in Louisville for x-rays, which revealed no broken bones or serious injuries, according to his agent Doc Danner.
Pat Day has retired from racing, but the man who booked the Hall of Fame jockey's mounts is still working the Churchill Downs backside each morning.
After more than 11,000 racing fans enjoyed "Pat's Day" at Churchill Downs on Saturday afternoon, horsemen gathered to honor the Hall of Fame jockey at a charity roast Saturday evening.
Churchill Downs will be the scene of a charitable fundraising roast and salute to legendary jockey Pat Day this Saturday.
Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day, racing's all-time money leading rider, has retired from the saddle and will assume a role in ministering to youth groups and assisting the Race Track Chaplaincy of America program.
Jockey Pat Day turned some heads Thursday morning at Churchill Downs while working out a pair of horses for the first time since November.
Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day will return to the saddle Sunday afternoon for his first mounts of 2004 after taking a month break.
Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day took off his mounts at Churchill Downs on Thursday as he continues to be treated for back spasms. Day did not ride on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5