While trainer Mike de Kock's lone representative in the Balanchine (UAE-II) on Feb. 21 at Meydan is South African star Igugu, he sends a three-prong attack for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) two races later.
Godolphin's Sharestan was an impressive winner of the trial for the $200,000 Al Rashidiya Sponsored by Dubal (UAE-II) earlier this month and will try for a breakthrough group win in the main event Jan. 31 at Meydan.
Do It All, dismissed at 26-1, led from start to finish to win the $250,000 Zabeel Mile Sponsored by Commercial Bank of Dubai (UAE-IIT) March 1.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Twirling Candy and Indian Firewater, who captured the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) three weeks later, meet for the first time in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 5.
Indian Firewater refused to give way in the final strides when challenged on the far outside by stablemate Tweebster to give trainer Bob Baffert his fourth victory in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes at Santa Anita Jan. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup