While trainer Mike de Kock's lone representative in the Balanchine (UAE-II) on Feb. 21 at Meydan is South African star Igugu, he sends a three-prong attack for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) two races later.
Godolphin's Sharestan was an impressive winner of the trial for the $200,000 Al Rashidiya Sponsored by Dubal (UAE-II) earlier this month and will try for a breakthrough group win in the main event Jan. 31 at Meydan.
Do It All, dismissed at 26-1, led from start to finish to win the $250,000 Zabeel Mile Sponsored by Commercial Bank of Dubai (UAE-IIT) March 1.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Twirling Candy and Indian Firewater, who captured the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) three weeks later, meet for the first time in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 5.
Indian Firewater refused to give way in the final strides when challenged on the far outside by stablemate Tweebster to give trainer Bob Baffert his fourth victory in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes at Santa Anita Jan. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Illinois Board Approves $500K for Purses