While trainer Mike de Kock's lone representative in the Balanchine (UAE-II) on Feb. 21 at Meydan is South African star Igugu, he sends a three-prong attack for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) two races later.
Godolphin's Sharestan was an impressive winner of the trial for the $200,000 Al Rashidiya Sponsored by Dubal (UAE-II) earlier this month and will try for a breakthrough group win in the main event Jan. 31 at Meydan.
Do It All, dismissed at 26-1, led from start to finish to win the $250,000 Zabeel Mile Sponsored by Commercial Bank of Dubai (UAE-IIT) March 1.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Twirling Candy and Indian Firewater, who captured the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) three weeks later, meet for the first time in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 5.
Indian Firewater refused to give way in the final strides when challenged on the far outside by stablemate Tweebster to give trainer Bob Baffert his fourth victory in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes at Santa Anita Jan. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud