Carson's Legacy overcame a rough start and proved he could come from off the pace when he won the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes at Oaklawn Park for trainer Steve Asmussen Jan. 18, opening day at the Hot Springs, Ark., track.
Irish Dreamer, a $1,500 Ocala Breeders' Sale colt, stormed to a decisive upset victory in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes on opening day at Oaklawn Park Friday before a crowd of 20,070.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., lifts the lid on its 55-day racing season Friday, with the feature race showcasing 3-year-olds going 5 1/2 furlongs in the 65th running of the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card