Carson's Legacy overcame a rough start and proved he could come from off the pace when he won the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes at Oaklawn Park for trainer Steve Asmussen Jan. 18, opening day at the Hot Springs, Ark., track.
Irish Dreamer, a $1,500 Ocala Breeders' Sale colt, stormed to a decisive upset victory in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes on opening day at Oaklawn Park Friday before a crowd of 20,070.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., lifts the lid on its 55-day racing season Friday, with the feature race showcasing 3-year-olds going 5 1/2 furlongs in the 65th running of the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington