Carson's Legacy overcame a rough start and proved he could come from off the pace when he won the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes at Oaklawn Park for trainer Steve Asmussen Jan. 18, opening day at the Hot Springs, Ark., track.
Irish Dreamer, a $1,500 Ocala Breeders' Sale colt, stormed to a decisive upset victory in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes on opening day at Oaklawn Park Friday before a crowd of 20,070.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., lifts the lid on its 55-day racing season Friday, with the feature race showcasing 3-year-olds going 5 1/2 furlongs in the 65th running of the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze