The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
The racing office of the Maryland Jockey Club Tuesday released the lists of nominees for the thirteen other stakes that make up Preakness (gr. I) weekend, May 20-21.
The Maryland Jockey Club made a few changes in Pimlico's stakes schedule this year, loading more quality racing into the Preakness Stakes weekend, including Preakness Day itself. Still, the top race of the undercard remained the Citgo Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses