The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
The racing office of the Maryland Jockey Club Tuesday released the lists of nominees for the thirteen other stakes that make up Preakness (gr. I) weekend, May 20-21.
The Maryland Jockey Club made a few changes in Pimlico's stakes schedule this year, loading more quality racing into the Preakness Stakes weekend, including Preakness Day itself. Still, the top race of the undercard remained the Citgo Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks