Dream Rush, caught by Looky Yonder in the stretch during the Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont May 25 at 4-5, figures to to be the one beat again Saturday in her second start off a layoff in the six-furlong Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) at Calder Race Course.
Trainer Marty Wolfson pulled off the hat trick on the June 14 "Summit of Speed" preview card at Calder Race Course, winning three of the four $100,000 stakes.
Sugar Swirl remains a heavy favorite in the rescheduled $200,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. II), which Gulfstream Park had to cancel last weekend due to a day-long rain deluge. But her job could be a little tougher March 29.
Stronach Stables' homebred mare Sugar Swirl will try to extend her winning streak to four on March 22 at Gulfstream Park, as she faces six rivals in the $200,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. II), a seven-furlong test for older fillies and mares on the main track.
Former claiming filly Dearest Trickski, hustled to the front by jockey Mike Smith, never looked back in rolling to an easy win in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Sprint at Santa Anita Jan. 26, her fifth consecutive victory.
Trainer John Sadler has a strong one-two punch with recent grade I winner Dearest Trickski and Lady Gamer in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Sprint set for the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill