Morning Line, a grade I-winning son of Tiznow, will stand at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky for 2014. The Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) runner-up will stand for $10,000.
Content to track surprising leader Sea Island through slow fractions early, Authenticity surged past turning for home on her way to winning the $200,000 Shuvee Handicap (gr. III) July 20 at Saratoga.
Padua Stables' Authenticity held off On Fire Baby in a fierce stretch battle to win the La Troienne Stakes (gr. II) by a head May 3 at Churchill Downs. The 6-year-old mare sets a stakes record of 1:42.09 for 1 1/16-miles.
Morning Line wanted no part of the starting gate at Betfair Hollywood Park, but once he finally acquiesced there was no catching the grade I winner in the $150,000 Mervyn Leroy Handicap (gr. II) May 5.
After losing a couple of tough grade I races at the end of last season, Force Freeze served notice that he will be one of the top sprinters in 2012 with a dominating performance in the Gulfstream Park Sprint Championship.
E Z's Gentleman, scraping paint for jockey Martin Pedroza, shook free in the homestretch to defeat his stablemate Sangaree and give trainer Bob Baffert the top two spots in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I).
Donegal Racing's 23-1 longshot Vow to Wager was awarded the win in an eventful running of the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 27 at Turfway Park after Codoy was disqualified for interference.
War Kill got the best of Selva after a lengthy stretch duel to win the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at odds of 16-1, giving Julien Leparoux his fourth victory on the card.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster