Morning Line, a grade I-winning son of Tiznow, will stand at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky for 2014. The Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) runner-up will stand for $10,000.
Content to track surprising leader Sea Island through slow fractions early, Authenticity surged past turning for home on her way to winning the $200,000 Shuvee Handicap (gr. III) July 20 at Saratoga.
Padua Stables' Authenticity held off On Fire Baby in a fierce stretch battle to win the La Troienne Stakes (gr. II) by a head May 3 at Churchill Downs. The 6-year-old mare sets a stakes record of 1:42.09 for 1 1/16-miles.
Morning Line wanted no part of the starting gate at Betfair Hollywood Park, but once he finally acquiesced there was no catching the grade I winner in the $150,000 Mervyn Leroy Handicap (gr. II) May 5.
After losing a couple of tough grade I races at the end of last season, Force Freeze served notice that he will be one of the top sprinters in 2012 with a dominating performance in the Gulfstream Park Sprint Championship.
E Z's Gentleman, scraping paint for jockey Martin Pedroza, shook free in the homestretch to defeat his stablemate Sangaree and give trainer Bob Baffert the top two spots in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I).
Donegal Racing's 23-1 longshot Vow to Wager was awarded the win in an eventful running of the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 27 at Turfway Park after Codoy was disqualified for interference.
War Kill got the best of Selva after a lengthy stretch duel to win the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at odds of 16-1, giving Julien Leparoux his fourth victory on the card.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot