William Shively's Dixiana Farm of Lexington has become the signature sponsor of two turf stakes at Keeneland Racecourse -- the Elkhorn (gr. IIT) that will be run April 25 and the Oct. 5 Bourbon (gr. IIIT).
The colt was born at William Shively's Dixiana Farm and is out of Shively's stakes winner Gleaming.
Keeneland November's third session, topped by $410,000 paid for a mare by Dixie Union, benefits from aggressive domestic bidding.
The grade I winner will stay in Nick Zito's barn and is being pointed toward the Whitney Handicap (gr. I). He'll stand at Lane's End upon retirement.
Son de America wins a two-furlong sprint at Santa Anita Park April 14.
W.B. (Bill) Terry Sr., former owner of Domino Stud near Lexington, died Dec. 2. He was 91.
William Shively has purchased Domino Stud near Lexington, a transaction that has effectively rejoined the land that once housed the historic Dixiana Farm in Fayette County.
The undefeated Maddalena was odds-on to win Saturday's $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, but it was Letgomyecho who stretched her perfect record to three in a row in her stakes debut for trainer George Arnold.
The real estate market has been busy in Central Kentucky, starting in November when the successful Keeneland sales brought lookers to the area. Some of the farms which changed hands already have ties to the Thoroughbred industry, while a Versailles landmark could soon be linked to horses.
Dixiana Farm near Lexington, and Gardens Glen Farm near Midway, Ky., are for sale.
Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Kline, formerly of Dixiana Farm, purchased Spendthrift in partnership.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory