Trainer Jane Cibelli will serve a 60-day suspension and face sanctions from Tampa Bay Downs following the conclusion of an investigation by a Florida regulator.
Calder officials said that starting Feb. 26 their track will not allow horses that ship from Calder to race at Gulfstream Park to re-enter Calder without the prior written approval from Calder's racing secretary.
David J. Roberts left his post at the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering after eight years.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has ordered jockey Pascacio "Paco" Lopez to serve 27 days of stewards' suspensions, including seven days at Gulfstream Park's 2009 meet that begins Jan. 3.
Shuttered to live racing since 2001, historic Hialeah Park in South Florida could soon lose its operating permit.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban