The opening session of the Magic Millions broodmare sale was strong as Divine Madonna set a record, selling to Darley for Aus$2.7 million. The sale saw 123 hips sell for Aus$11,747,250.
Divine Madonna wins the Myer Classic at Flemington Nov. 3; hopes for invite to Hong Kong International Races in December.
Trainer Gai Waterhouse had to work overtime to convince owner John Singleton and his racing manager, Duncan Grimley, to even run Tuesday Joy in the Coolmore-sponsored Tad Kennedy Stakes (Aus-I) March 17. She responded with a game win in the mud at Rosehill.
Divine Madonna vindicated the judgement of trainer Mark Kavanagh with a last-to-first performance in the Emirates Cantala Stakes (Aus-I) on the final day of the 2006 Melbourne Cup Carnival Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material