The opening session of the Magic Millions broodmare sale was strong as Divine Madonna set a record, selling to Darley for Aus$2.7 million. The sale saw 123 hips sell for Aus$11,747,250.
Divine Madonna wins the Myer Classic at Flemington Nov. 3; hopes for invite to Hong Kong International Races in December.
Trainer Gai Waterhouse had to work overtime to convince owner John Singleton and his racing manager, Duncan Grimley, to even run Tuesday Joy in the Coolmore-sponsored Tad Kennedy Stakes (Aus-I) March 17. She responded with a game win in the mud at Rosehill.
Divine Madonna vindicated the judgement of trainer Mark Kavanagh with a last-to-first performance in the Emirates Cantala Stakes (Aus-I) on the final day of the 2006 Melbourne Cup Carnival Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack