Turkey-based stallion Divine Light died May 12 at Adana Seyhan Covering Station due to complications from a lipoma tumor being coiled around his intestines. The son of Sunday Silence--Meld Sport, by Northern Taste, was 19.
Favored Natagora dictated the pace and then held off all challengers in spite of tiring in the final furlong to register a half-length victory in the stanjamesuk.com One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) contested at Newmarket May 4.
Natagora made all the running in the Skybet.com Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 5 at Newmarket, going wire-to-wire to give trainer Pascal Bary his first win in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta