Turkey-based stallion Divine Light died May 12 at Adana Seyhan Covering Station due to complications from a lipoma tumor being coiled around his intestines. The son of Sunday Silence--Meld Sport, by Northern Taste, was 19.
Favored Natagora dictated the pace and then held off all challengers in spite of tiring in the final furlong to register a half-length victory in the stanjamesuk.com One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) contested at Newmarket May 4.
Natagora made all the running in the Skybet.com Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 5 at Newmarket, going wire-to-wire to give trainer Pascal Bary his first win in England.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up