Maggi Moss' Delaunay, a winner of more than $1.1 million, ended his streak of second-place finishes in the Iowa Sprint Handicap with a victory in the $125,000 event the evening of June 26 at Prairie Meadows.
Delaunay, winner of 18 races and over $1.1 million in purse money through 52 outings, is 8-5 morning line favorite in the Iowa Sprint Handicap and the most accomplished runner in the Friday, June 26, Prairie Meadows race.
Champion Untapable moved to take charge at the top of the stretch after rating in fourth early and drew clear to win $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) April 10 at Oaklawn Park.
Champion Untapable will get another chance at Oaklawn Park and should be sharper in her second start of the season against unlikely rival Gold Medal Dancer in the $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) April 10.
Last year's 3-year-old filly champion and Breeders' Cup Distaff winner faces five opponents in 1 1/16-mile test at Oaklawn Park.
Most of the entrants in the field of 10 for the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 15 at Oaklawn Park are more than familiar with each other.
Grade I winner Hooh Why towers over her foes in terms of accomplishments going into the May 25 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular