Jay Em Ess Stable's Acting Happy made a huge impression in her stakes debut, putting away favored Tidal Pool in upper stretch and then holding off a late run from No Such Word to pull a 10-1 upset in the Black-Eyed Susan
Tidal Pool heads the field in the $175,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico May 14 as the only 3-year-old filly in the field that ran in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Looking every bit the 1-2 favorite she was, Franny Freud cruised to a front-running 4 3/4-length win in the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) for her first graded stakes win April 7 at Keeneland.
Keeneland's April 7 grade II feature for 3-year-old fillies worth $150,000. Franny Freud, Diva Delite figure to draw most attention.
Diva Delite, who was bred by John Sykes in the name of his Clover Leaf Farms II, was bought back by her breeder following her stellar victory in the Florida Oaks (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs for an undisclosed sum March 19.
This week's slideshow includes photos of Zenyatta, You and I Forever, Lookin At Lucky, Sidney's Candy, Warbling, Odysseus, Diva Delite, and Zardana. View Slideshow
Local star Diva Delite notched her fifth straight win and proved herself in graded stakes company, as she rolled past rivals coming off the final turn en route to a two-length victory in the $175,000 Florida Oaks (gr. III).
Champion filly She Be Wild, a disappointing fifth in her season debut last month at Gulfstream Park, ships further north to Tampa Bay Downs in hopes of rebounding in the $175,000 Florida Oaks (gr. III) March 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More