Ohio Derby (gr. III) winner Pleasant Prince and Distorted Economy, a strong second in the Super Derby (gr. II) last month, lead the field in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Hurricane Ike blows into Bossier City, La., as the morning line favorite for the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park