Ohio Derby (gr. III) winner Pleasant Prince and Distorted Economy, a strong second in the Super Derby (gr. II) last month, lead the field in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Hurricane Ike blows into Bossier City, La., as the morning line favorite for the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement