Dancin' Renee, a graded stakes winner and 1997 New York Horse of the Year, has died. The 22-year-old mare lost a long battle with laminitis and was euthanized Jan. 11 at Old Friends Thoroughbred retirement farm.
Distinctive Pro, one of New York's leading stallions whose son Distinctive Trick won Aqueduct's Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes Feb. 19, was euthanized around Jan. 1.
Distinctive Pro, one of New York's top sires for years, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Howard and Susan Kaskel's Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Star Track Farms' colt Grey Comet and Peter E. Mariano's filly Hanselina each won a division of Sunday's $150,000 New York Stallion Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct Park.
A change in shoes helped Billie Courtney's Distinctive Code turn the tables on her distaff sprint rivals, cruising to victory in the $100,000 Victoria Lass Handicap on Saturday at Fair Grounds.
New York-bred Grey Comet remained perfect in his young four-race career when he held off the persistent challenge of Mustang Jock to win the $81,350 Count Fleet Handicap on Saturday at Aqueduct.
Grey Comet and jockey Aaron Gryder took the lead at the top of the stretch and pulled away from the field to keep his career record perfect in the 24th running of the $82,575 Damon Runyon Stakes at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben