Distinctive Dixie, winner of the Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) earlier this month, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in the $150,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) on Thanksgiving Day at Churchill Downs Nov 25.
Distinctive Dixie claimed his first stakes win in when he rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $171,900 Chilukki (gr. II) preceding the second day of the Breeders' Cup World Championships Nov. 6.
Rachel nation is breathing a little easier June 12 after last year's Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra scored her first win of 2010, drawing away from four overmatched rivals in the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II).
Calvin Borel will remain aboard Rachel Alexandra when the reigning Horse of the Year shoots for her first win of the season in the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) June 12 at Churchill Downs.
Unrivaled Belle outduels 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra down the stretch to win the April 30 La Troienne by a head.
Miss Isella took a hard jolt from Distinctive Dixie when squeezing through a small opening at the top of the lane, then had the wherewithal to outduel Swift Temper in deep stretch to capture the $221,600 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) June 13 at Churchill Downs.
Miss Isella, upset winner of the Louisville Distaff (gr. II) last out, looks to build upon that score when taking on eight rivals in the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) June 13 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Haskell: Jimmy Barnes on American Pharoah
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Wild One, Futura Win on Big Day at Greyville
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day