Jockey Jorge Chavez returned to Aqueduct Park Saturday to guide West Coast invader Maryfield to a 2 1/4-length win in the $158,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Susan and John Moore's prohibitive favorite Smokey Glacken overcame an eventful race for regular jockey Javier Castellano to hold off a surging Magnolia Jackson by a head to win the $154,500 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct inner dirt track Saturday.
Bank Audit, guided by Richard Migliore, tracked a quick pace from midpack before storming to the front and drawing off to a 1 1/4-length win in the $148,900 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Saturday.
Joseph Allen's Randaroo had everything going her way in Saturday $147,900 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Aqueduct. With Richard Migliore aboard, she got an early lead and left Storm Flag Flying in her wake.
Prohibitive favorite Carson Hollow took the measure of her main rival Raging Fever in mid-stretch and pulled away to a 1 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap at Aqueduct Park.
Grade 1-winning distaffers Raging Fever and Carson Hollow meet for the first time Saturday in the $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Edward Evans' band of filly phenoms is a moneymaking machine that just keeps cranking out the stakes victories for trainer Mark Hennig.
Dream Supreme and Country Hideaway, both daughters of multiple grade I winner Seeking The Gold, highlight the list of five fillies and mares contesting Saturday's Distaff Breeders Cup Handicap (gr. III), going seven furlongs at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker