Field Commission, a four-time winner in 2008, made his second start of the season a winning one in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine May 18.
A pair of six-furlong graded stakes events, the $300,000 Thoroughbred Club of America (gr. III) for fillies and mares and the $250,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup (gr. III), support the Keeneland program Oct. 4 that features a pair of grade I races.
Bear Stables and trainer Reade Baker completed a sweep of Woodbine's stakes races July 20 when Fatal Bullet captured the $150,836 Bold Venture in track-record time over the Polytrack racing surface.
British Columbia horseman Ben Ternes died March 14. Ternes, who owned Ternes Farm near Langley, bred and/or raced six stakes winner alone or in partnership. Two weeks after his death, his stallion Vying Victor died.
The consistent Dancer's Bajan, in the money in 11 of his 14 starts on Woodbine's Polytrack racing surface, seeks his sixth career win in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) on his favorite track May 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest