Field Commission, a four-time winner in 2008, made his second start of the season a winning one in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine May 18.
A pair of six-furlong graded stakes events, the $300,000 Thoroughbred Club of America (gr. III) for fillies and mares and the $250,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup (gr. III), support the Keeneland program Oct. 4 that features a pair of grade I races.
Bear Stables and trainer Reade Baker completed a sweep of Woodbine's stakes races July 20 when Fatal Bullet captured the $150,836 Bold Venture in track-record time over the Polytrack racing surface.
British Columbia horseman Ben Ternes died March 14. Ternes, who owned Ternes Farm near Langley, bred and/or raced six stakes winner alone or in partnership. Two weeks after his death, his stallion Vying Victor died.
The consistent Dancer's Bajan, in the money in 11 of his 14 starts on Woodbine's Polytrack racing surface, seeks his sixth career win in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) on his favorite track May 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing