She's Gottogetaway, ridden by Isaias Enriquez at 28-1, caught a weary 2-5 favorite Dirty Diana close to home to register a neck victory in the Wednesday's $100,000 Generous Portion Stakes for 2-year-old California-bred fillies at Del Mar.
Darley Stud's Tizdubai stalked the pacesetting favorite Dirty Diana into the stretch before blowing past her rival to record an easy four-length triumph in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Del Mar Saturday.
Headed by stakes winner Dirty Diana, a field of eight 2-year-old fillies is set to go postward in Saturday's 35th running of the grade II, $150,000 Sorrento Stakes at 6 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar.
Cees Stable's Tizbud, a full brother to 2000 Horse of the Year Tiznow, worked three furlongs in :38 over Del Mar's fast main track on Monday in what was his first work in six months. Shortly after Tizbud finished his three-furlong breeze, little sister Tizdubai was put through her final drill for her added-money debut in Saturday's Sorrento Stakes (gr. II), logging five furlongs in :59 3/5.
Watson and Weitman Performances' Dirty Diana, another 2-year-old speedster from the talent-rich barn of perennial Del Mar champion trainer Bob Baffert, turned in an impressive triumph in the $125,000 CTBA Stakes. A $2.4 million Pick Six carryover was split among 152 tickets.
A group of 10 2-year-old California bred fillies, including two first-time starters, was entered in Friday's $125,000 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Stakes. The fillies will run 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill