She's Gottogetaway, ridden by Isaias Enriquez at 28-1, caught a weary 2-5 favorite Dirty Diana close to home to register a neck victory in the Wednesday's $100,000 Generous Portion Stakes for 2-year-old California-bred fillies at Del Mar.
Darley Stud's Tizdubai stalked the pacesetting favorite Dirty Diana into the stretch before blowing past her rival to record an easy four-length triumph in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Del Mar Saturday.
Headed by stakes winner Dirty Diana, a field of eight 2-year-old fillies is set to go postward in Saturday's 35th running of the grade II, $150,000 Sorrento Stakes at 6 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar.
Cees Stable's Tizbud, a full brother to 2000 Horse of the Year Tiznow, worked three furlongs in :38 over Del Mar's fast main track on Monday in what was his first work in six months. Shortly after Tizbud finished his three-furlong breeze, little sister Tizdubai was put through her final drill for her added-money debut in Saturday's Sorrento Stakes (gr. II), logging five furlongs in :59 3/5.
Watson and Weitman Performances' Dirty Diana, another 2-year-old speedster from the talent-rich barn of perennial Del Mar champion trainer Bob Baffert, turned in an impressive triumph in the $125,000 CTBA Stakes. A $2.4 million Pick Six carryover was split among 152 tickets.
A group of 10 2-year-old California bred fillies, including two first-time starters, was entered in Friday's $125,000 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Stakes. The fillies will run 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- For January Race, Pegasus Field Depth Impressive