Trainer Doug O'Neill talks about Del Mar's turf and dirt track surfaces.
Del Mar track superintendent Richard Tedesco says trainers and jockeys have expressed a variety of opinions on the track's new dirt surface and his only concern is that the new dirt track is safe.
The second-wettest April on record in Lexington gave Keeneland's new dirt track a stiff test.
With Kentucky's Louisville area in the midst of a severe drought, the turf course at Churchill Downs "is about as firm as it ever gets in the fall," track superintendent Butch Lehr said.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen