With three Breeders' Cup contenders, Frank Stronach's Adena Springs will attempt to surpass the earnings of Allen Paulson to rank first on the list of leading Breeders' Cup breeders by money won.
Delosvientos loped along on the lead of a $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) that was extended to the 1 1/2 mile distance, and the easy fractions he set enabled him to steal home the winner of the June 6 event at Belmont Park. Evening Attire, the Kelly family's hard-knocking 10-year-old contender, finished second.
The $100,000-added Fort Harrod Stakes, to be run at 1 5/8-miles for 4-year-olds and up, has been added to the 2008 spring stakes schedule at Keeneland, the racing association announced Jan. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby