With three Breeders' Cup contenders, Frank Stronach's Adena Springs will attempt to surpass the earnings of Allen Paulson to rank first on the list of leading Breeders' Cup breeders by money won.
Delosvientos loped along on the lead of a $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) that was extended to the 1 1/2 mile distance, and the easy fractions he set enabled him to steal home the winner of the June 6 event at Belmont Park. Evening Attire, the Kelly family's hard-knocking 10-year-old contender, finished second.
The $100,000-added Fort Harrod Stakes, to be run at 1 5/8-miles for 4-year-olds and up, has been added to the 2008 spring stakes schedule at Keeneland, the racing association announced Jan. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm