With three Breeders' Cup contenders, Frank Stronach's Adena Springs will attempt to surpass the earnings of Allen Paulson to rank first on the list of leading Breeders' Cup breeders by money won.
Delosvientos loped along on the lead of a $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) that was extended to the 1 1/2 mile distance, and the easy fractions he set enabled him to steal home the winner of the June 6 event at Belmont Park. Evening Attire, the Kelly family's hard-knocking 10-year-old contender, finished second.
The $100,000-added Fort Harrod Stakes, to be run at 1 5/8-miles for 4-year-olds and up, has been added to the 2008 spring stakes schedule at Keeneland, the racing association announced Jan. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager