Vice president of racing W.B. Rogers Beasley is retiring from Keeneland June 30, it was announced Feb. 2, after 34 years of leadership involving the Lexington oval's sales and racing operations.
- By Esther Marr
Esther Marr asks Keeneland's Director of Sales, Geoffrey Russell, about A.P. Indy and interest in horses prior to the sale. Sponsored by Taylor Made Sales Agency. watch video
Esther Marr dissects the Keeneland September Sale day 1 results and interviews Keeneland's director of sales Geoffrey Russell. watch video
Bryan Cross, 39, has joined the team at Richland Hills Farm as director of sales.
A bay daughter of Distorted Humor fetched $475,000 and topped the ninth day of the Keeneland September yearling sale as the middle market continued to show its strength by posting across-the-board gains.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives