Kentucky Bear, who ran third in this year's Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing after suffering a leg injury.
Steady and solid was the theme of the 2008 selected session of the Woodbine yearling sale on Sept. 2, hosted by the Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society.
Half a Year, who was an English champion miler, was euthanized this summer due to complications from colic.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile