The Virginia location of Dinwiddie Farm has closed its doors, but the operation will continue to breed and race Thoroughrbeds, said farm manager Bud Paul.
Ballet de France, a Virginia Broodmare of the Year, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Stewart Bainum's Dinwiddie Farm near Middleburg, Va.
A Kris S. filly from the family of champion Dancethruthedawn topped the first session of the 2002 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling sale. The filly, purchased by Stewart Bainum's Dinwiddie Farm near Middleburg, Va., brought a top price of $300,000.
After 220 hips through the ring at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearlings sale, a filly from the family of Dancethruthedawn, hip #77, has brought the highest price of $300,000.
Classy Cathy, who won three grade I stakes as a 3-year-old in 1986 before going on to become a stakes producer, died June 13 from complications from colic.
Most Popular Stories
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- Finley Files Suit Over New York THA Election
- Gulfstream, HBPA Hope to Bolster Summer Meets
- Response Tops Second Magic Millions Session
- Handicapping a Little Bit of Everything