The Virginia location of Dinwiddie Farm has closed its doors, but the operation will continue to breed and race Thoroughrbeds, said farm manager Bud Paul.
Ballet de France, a Virginia Broodmare of the Year, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Stewart Bainum's Dinwiddie Farm near Middleburg, Va.
A Kris S. filly from the family of champion Dancethruthedawn topped the first session of the 2002 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling sale. The filly, purchased by Stewart Bainum's Dinwiddie Farm near Middleburg, Va., brought a top price of $300,000.
After 220 hips through the ring at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearlings sale, a filly from the family of Dancethruthedawn, hip #77, has brought the highest price of $300,000.
Classy Cathy, who won three grade I stakes as a 3-year-old in 1986 before going on to become a stakes producer, died June 13 from complications from colic.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing