The Virginia location of Dinwiddie Farm has closed its doors, but the operation will continue to breed and race Thoroughrbeds, said farm manager Bud Paul.
Ballet de France, a Virginia Broodmare of the Year, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Stewart Bainum's Dinwiddie Farm near Middleburg, Va.
A Kris S. filly from the family of champion Dancethruthedawn topped the first session of the 2002 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling sale. The filly, purchased by Stewart Bainum's Dinwiddie Farm near Middleburg, Va., brought a top price of $300,000.
After 220 hips through the ring at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearlings sale, a filly from the family of Dancethruthedawn, hip #77, has brought the highest price of $300,000.
Classy Cathy, who won three grade I stakes as a 3-year-old in 1986 before going on to become a stakes producer, died June 13 from complications from colic.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards