The 2-1 favorite won the Affectionately Handicap by a neck over Aliysa Jan. 12 at Aqueduct.
Victory Pool, third in last year's Affectionately Handicap, gives the $75,000 stakes for fillies and mares another whirl in her final career start at Aqueduct Jan. 12.
Victory Pool takes a second shot at Affectionately Handicap in final start at Aqueduct.
Trainer Christophe Clement kept his perfect record at Monmouth intact Saturday with a little help from the stewards as Virginia Kraft Payson's Rutherienne was placed first after finishing second to Red Birkin in the $150,000 Boiling Spring Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the turf.
Trainer Roger Attfield ships Red Birkin to Monmouth Park for her stakes debut in the $150,000 Boiling Springs (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies.
A field of eight fillies, including grade III winner Cotton Blossom, will take the gate for the March 17 $200,000 Florida Oaks, going 1 1/16 miles at Tampa Bay Downs.
Triple Crown nominee Buffalo Man scored by 1 1/2 lengths in the $100,000 colt and gelding division of the OBS Championship Stakes Monday in Central Florida.
Meadow Breeze, the surprise winner of the Matron Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 23, looks to win her second consecutive grade I race at Belmont Park when she runs in the $400,000 Frizette Stakes Oct. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes