The New York Racing Association, as expected, backed down from its refusal to cooperate with a review of its finances by the state's chief fiscal watchdog.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., which is now controlled by the state government, is facing insolvency unless it can get its financial affairs in order, state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli reported Aug. 14 in a long-awaited audit.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely