The New York Racing Association, as expected, backed down from its refusal to cooperate with a review of its finances by the state's chief fiscal watchdog.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., which is now controlled by the state government, is facing insolvency unless it can get its financial affairs in order, state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli reported Aug. 14 in a long-awaited audit.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- Close Hatches Bids for Perfection at Saratoga