The New York Racing Association, as expected, backed down from its refusal to cooperate with a review of its finances by the state's chief fiscal watchdog.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., which is now controlled by the state government, is facing insolvency unless it can get its financial affairs in order, state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli reported Aug. 14 in a long-awaited audit.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Top-Quality Catalog for JRHA Select Sale
- Dinerman New Emerald Downs Announcer
- Unbeaten Karpino Romps in German Guineas
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size
- American Pharoah at Churchill Downs May 25
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training