The New York Racing Association, as expected, backed down from its refusal to cooperate with a review of its finances by the state's chief fiscal watchdog.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., which is now controlled by the state government, is facing insolvency unless it can get its financial affairs in order, state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli reported Aug. 14 in a long-awaited audit.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- V.E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Paul Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Daddy Does Best