Walter Donnelly's 2-year-old colt Straight Faced is undefeated in four starts after winning the $150,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes on Saturday at Calder's "Juvenile Showcase."
Two Item Limit, who finished third in last year's Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) is on track to take on a very deep field of eight. She's come a long way since the beginning of the year when a return to the Distaff was a distant hope.
Xtra Heat arrives, will gallop up to BC Sprint...Two Item Limit Works Toward Distaff...Fraulein settles in.
Two Item Limit had trouble in her last start, but had no trouble Friday in winning the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico.
Trainer Stephen L. DiMauro ran Two Item Limit in blinkers for the first time in the Tempted Stakes (gr. III) earlier this month at Aqueduct, and the 2-year-old filly responded with a 2 3/4-length victory in the one-mile test. Keeping the blinkers on in Saturday's $200,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct, 122-pound highweight Two Item Limit remained unbeaten with blinkers, drawing off though the stretch for a seven-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze