Walter Donnelly's 2-year-old colt Straight Faced is undefeated in four starts after winning the $150,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes on Saturday at Calder's "Juvenile Showcase."
Two Item Limit, who finished third in last year's Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) is on track to take on a very deep field of eight. She's come a long way since the beginning of the year when a return to the Distaff was a distant hope.
Xtra Heat arrives, will gallop up to BC Sprint...Two Item Limit Works Toward Distaff...Fraulein settles in.
Two Item Limit had trouble in her last start, but had no trouble Friday in winning the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico.
Trainer Stephen L. DiMauro ran Two Item Limit in blinkers for the first time in the Tempted Stakes (gr. III) earlier this month at Aqueduct, and the 2-year-old filly responded with a 2 3/4-length victory in the one-mile test. Keeping the blinkers on in Saturday's $200,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct, 122-pound highweight Two Item Limit remained unbeaten with blinkers, drawing off though the stretch for a seven-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana