The only thing Blame needed to officially become a star was a grade I win. The son of Arch accomplished that June 12, overcoming a wide trip while running down pacesetter Battle Plan to score the Stephen Foster Handicap.
Grade II winner Congrats has been purchased for stallion duty by John Sykes' Cloverleaf Farms II near Reddick, Fla.
Congrats answered the question whether he can win two races in a row. The answer is yes.
Wild Applause, dam of four stakes winners and one of seven stakes winners from her dam, 1993 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year Glowing Tribute, died April 2
Bema raced on or near the lead to the stretch, then drew away under Javier Castellano for a 3 1/4-length victory Saturday in the $80,875 Busher Stakes at Aqueduct.
Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Mighty has been retired from racing and will stand the 2001 breeding season at Walmac Farm, according to trainer Frank Brothers.
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code