The only thing Blame needed to officially become a star was a grade I win. The son of Arch accomplished that June 12, overcoming a wide trip while running down pacesetter Battle Plan to score the Stephen Foster Handicap.
Grade II winner Congrats has been purchased for stallion duty by John Sykes' Cloverleaf Farms II near Reddick, Fla.
Congrats answered the question whether he can win two races in a row. The answer is yes.
Wild Applause, dam of four stakes winners and one of seven stakes winners from her dam, 1993 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year Glowing Tribute, died April 2
Bema raced on or near the lead to the stretch, then drew away under Javier Castellano for a 3 1/4-length victory Saturday in the $80,875 Busher Stakes at Aqueduct.
Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Mighty has been retired from racing and will stand the 2001 breeding season at Walmac Farm, according to trainer Frank Brothers.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award