Mister Fotis was all out to hold off Sir Greeley in a slight upset in the $189,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Gulfstream Park as Silver Train, the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion, was not a factor.
Alago Farm's 4-year-old colt Mister Fotis scored a wire-to-wire victory by 6 3/4 lengths in the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap at Calder on the Grand Slam II program Saturday.
Morning Praise, a filly by Menifee consigned by Nick de Meric, agent, worked a quarter in :20 4/5 to post the fastest work at the distance of the second session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2005 Spring Sale of 2-Year- Olds in Training.
Kaufy Mate swept to a 4 1/2 -length victory in Saturday's $250,000 Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream Park, an ungraded stakes for 3-year-olds.
Kaufy Mate tallied a stunning upset at odds of 34-1 over grade II winner The Cliff's Edge in the $100,000 Sam F. Davis for 3-year-olds at Tampa Bay Downs Saturday.
A Diligence filly sold for $85,000 Tuesday to top the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale. New Jersey bloodstock agent Buzz Chace purchased the Florida-bred filly for William Lickle, a prominent owner of steeplechase horses. Lickle, according to Chace, is becoming increasingly interested in flat racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Trainer Rivelli Reaches 1,000th-Win Milestone
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park