Mister Fotis was all out to hold off Sir Greeley in a slight upset in the $189,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Gulfstream Park as Silver Train, the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion, was not a factor.
Alago Farm's 4-year-old colt Mister Fotis scored a wire-to-wire victory by 6 3/4 lengths in the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap at Calder on the Grand Slam II program Saturday.
Morning Praise, a filly by Menifee consigned by Nick de Meric, agent, worked a quarter in :20 4/5 to post the fastest work at the distance of the second session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2005 Spring Sale of 2-Year- Olds in Training.
Kaufy Mate swept to a 4 1/2 -length victory in Saturday's $250,000 Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream Park, an ungraded stakes for 3-year-olds.
Kaufy Mate tallied a stunning upset at odds of 34-1 over grade II winner The Cliff's Edge in the $100,000 Sam F. Davis for 3-year-olds at Tampa Bay Downs Saturday.
A Diligence filly sold for $85,000 Tuesday to top the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale. New Jersey bloodstock agent Buzz Chace purchased the Florida-bred filly for William Lickle, a prominent owner of steeplechase horses. Lickle, according to Chace, is becoming increasingly interested in flat racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted