Chapel Royal, a former Kentucky stallion getting ready to stand his first season at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Reddick, Fla., in 2009, has become the new leader among Northern Hemisphere first-crop sires.
Celestino DiLibero, who stood record-setting stallion Lawmaker at his Florida farm, died in late September in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill