See the races from the first weekend of 2011. View Slideshow
Glen Hill Farm's Dilemma picked his first win since November 2008 with a perfectly timed ride from birthday boy Garrett Gomez in Santa Anita's $100,000 Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course Jan. 1.
Dance With Gable, a perfect three-for-three in his career on Santa Anita's hillside turf course, steps up in class for the $100,000 Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 1.
Matto Mondo grabbed the lead from favored pacesetter Monterey Jazz at the head of the stretch and rolled on to register a 3 1/4-length win in the off-the-turf Thunder Road Handicap at Santa Anita Feb. 7.
Jack Preston, owner of Prestonwood Racing, and trainer Julio Canani could have another shot at the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in their future with Hyperbaric, who appears to be the horse to beat in the $200,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf Sept. 28.
Undefeated in three starts this year for trainer Ben Cecil, Worldly is the 121-pound high weight in a field of nine 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 11 at Del Mar.
Belgravia ran greenly through the stretch but won Saturday's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) in just his second start by a nose over the charging Dilemma on the all-weather track.
Belgravia, a $2 million juvenile purchase earlier this year by Michael Tabor, John Magnier and Zayat Stables, tries graded stakes company in just his second start, Saturday's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015