Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Concern, top 1980s handicap star Broad Brush, and many other stakes winners, died April 4 at his home in Monkton, Md.
The Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, with The Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, presents a fundraiser at The Corner Stable in Columbia, Md., Oct. 17 to benefit a fund for injured exercise rider Jose Villegas.
Rosie Napravnik remembers galloping horses at Pimlico Race Course before she even earned her jockey's license. On May 18 aboard Mylute, she'll become just the third woman to ever ride in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Dynamic Strike will try for a second straight stakes win at Laurel Park and fourth consecutive victory overall at the track in the $150,000 Private Terms Stakes March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Featured Horse Profile: Artemis Agrotera
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired