Web Snyder, one of the first members of the Jockeys' Guild and a longtime fixture at Charles Town, died June 16 at his West Virginia home. He was 98 years old.
Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will honor Barbara Jo Rubin on the 40th anniversary of her historic ride when she became the first woman to win a race against men at a nationally recognized racetrack.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
Officials at Charles Town Races and Slots are again allowing horses to come and go after test results indicated that a sick horse on the property does not have equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1).
Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia has announced the cancellation of its live racing program scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 30, after stopping its Sept. 29 card short after just four recorded races.
Live racing at Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia returned Saturday, Sept. 25 after a 12-day hiatus in which the track was forced to cancel eight days their live racing program. The facility was open for simulcasting during the respite.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder in Hirsch
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam