Web Snyder, one of the first members of the Jockeys' Guild and a longtime fixture at Charles Town, died June 16 at his West Virginia home. He was 98 years old.
Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will honor Barbara Jo Rubin on the 40th anniversary of her historic ride when she became the first woman to win a race against men at a nationally recognized racetrack.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
Officials at Charles Town Races and Slots are again allowing horses to come and go after test results indicated that a sick horse on the property does not have equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1).
Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia has announced the cancellation of its live racing program scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 30, after stopping its Sept. 29 card short after just four recorded races.
Live racing at Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia returned Saturday, Sept. 25 after a 12-day hiatus in which the track was forced to cancel eight days their live racing program. The facility was open for simulcasting during the respite.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30