Web Snyder, one of the first members of the Jockeys' Guild and a longtime fixture at Charles Town, died June 16 at his West Virginia home. He was 98 years old.
Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will honor Barbara Jo Rubin on the 40th anniversary of her historic ride when she became the first woman to win a race against men at a nationally recognized racetrack.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
Officials at Charles Town Races and Slots are again allowing horses to come and go after test results indicated that a sick horse on the property does not have equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1).
Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia has announced the cancellation of its live racing program scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 30, after stopping its Sept. 29 card short after just four recorded races.
Live racing at Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia returned Saturday, Sept. 25 after a 12-day hiatus in which the track was forced to cancel eight days their live racing program. The facility was open for simulcasting during the respite.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green